Christ the Redeemer Quincy is a new church in Quincy, planted out of Christ the King Boston. Our launch (start of weekly Sunday worship) was Sunday, March 1st. We were able to gather in person twice prior to the Covid-19 pandemic forcing our worship services to be online only for nearly four months.
We resumed gathering in person in July, while also streaming live online. More information about the safety standards we will be strictly following is listed below.
4:00pm (typically ends around 5pm)
136 Rawson Road
Quincy, MA 02170
(meeting at Union Congregational Church)
The church is located in the Wollaston neighborhood of Quincy, a 9 minute walk from Wollaston T station, and a 9 minute walk to Wollaston Beach.
You will see our signs and banners as you near the church. Please come in through the front door on Rawson Road.
There is not a parking lot at the church, but plenty of on-street parking options on Hamilton, Beach, Rawson, Willet and several other streets in the area around the church. There are multiple handicapped-reserved spaces near the front door of the church on Rawson Road.
We would love for you to join us soon, in person or virtually!
To Join Online: Every Sunday, we will live stream our Sunday worship at 4:00pm through Facebook live, which you can access BY CLICKING HERE around 4:00pm on Sunday. (If you miss it at 4:00 pm, you can watch it later on Facebook, YouTube, or on the CTR website.)
Virus Safety Standards: We will be following the Massachusetts Safety Standards for Places of Worship. We ask that you be aware of and follow the protocol listed below.
- Do not attend church if you are sick.
- Masks or face coverings must be worn while inside and while entering and exiting the church (except if a person is unable to wear a make due to a medical/disabling condition).
- For children between age 2 and 5, the wearing of a mask is at the discretion of the child’s parent/caregiver. Children under the age of 2 should not wear a mask.
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet between yourself and others.
- People who are not part of the same immediate household must be seated at least 6 feet apart. Members of the same immediate household may sit together and less than 6 feet apart.
- The church has roped off certain pews in the sanctuary to be kept empty to ensure social distancing.
- Sanitize your hands before entering the sanctuary (hand sanitizer will be available).
- If possible, the front door and the windows in the sanctuary will be kept open to allow airflow.
- We cannot provide childcare during this time. However, we have created a “family space” in the fellowship hall, where children can take part in a lesson, enjoy an activity, sing a song, and make a craft. During Covid-19, we require a parent to stay with their child(ren) in the family space.
- There will not be any fellowship time inside the building, but you are free to fellowship outside after worship providing you keep a distance of 6 feet from others.
The Massachusetts safety standards/checklist for places of worship can be accessed here: